Lash Extensions FAQ
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are eyelash extensions?
- Eyelash extensions are single / multiple strands of light, synthetic eyelashes manually and meticulously applied to each of your individual natural eyelashes. It is the current beauty must-have for every busy, modern woman. Imagine waking up perfectly dolled up without having to spend a single second actually doing so!
- Since the eye area is delicate, eyelash extensions should only be applied by trained and well-certified beauticians using high quality and medical grade products. Lash Inc Sg only utilities only the best, quality products for our clients imported from Korea, Japan and Europe.
- The process of eyelash extensions is extremely comfortable, and most clients simply use the time to take a quick nap.
Are eyelash extensions safe?
- With proper pre-application, application (1mm away from roots) and aftercare, eyelash extensions are completely safe as the eyelash extensions adhesive does not come into contact with the skin or clog your lash follicle.
- At Lash Inc Sg, we only use medical-grade adhesives that are formaldehyde-free with low fumes. Premium, feather-light, synthetic lashes are also utilized in the store that will not damage your natural eyelashes.
- Always choose an established studio with skilled technicians, as they are certified and trained with the proper techniques for lash application.
How long will a new set of eyelash extensions last?
- A new set of eyelash extensions lasts between 3-6 weeks depending on your natural eyelash cycle, skin type and aftercare routine.
- A good proper aftercare routine / long lasting sealant will always prolong the longevity of your extensions.
- Other factors like hormonal changes or physical activity also plays a part in lash retention.
What is the duration for eyelash extensions?
- The process takes about 1 to 2.5 hours depending on your style of choice.
- The process of eyelash extensions is extremely comfortable and most clients tend to use this time to take a power nap.
Do I have to take a break in between eyelash extensions sessions?
- Going to a professional that utilizes the right lash extension techniques does not harm your natural lash growth nor reduce the number of your natural lashes and hence, no break is actually necessary.
Can you remove my previous lash set done with another salon?
- Yes, we can do that at an additional charge. Lash extensions done solely at Lash Inc Sg comes with a lifetime of free removals.
How do I make an appointment?
- There are 2 ways of booking an appointment - Online at www.lashincsg.com which gives you an instant booking confirmation or simply Whatsapp us at 9152 8583 and we will get back to you as soon as we can :)
Can I apply make up with eyelash extensions on?
- Yes, you may apply your favorite eye makeup with eyelash extensions on. Exercise care when removing eye make up and try to avoid any sort of oil cleansers. We would advise against putting any waterproof mascara on the extensions, but it would be fine for your natural lower lashes.
Can I go for my regular facial treatments?
- Yes, you can. For laser facials, please get your dermatologist to avoid pressing the protective eye gear on your extensions. For regular facials, simply inform your beautician to stay away from steaming your face and avoid tugging or applying anything oil based close to your eye area.
What should I avoid with my eyelash extensions on?
- Avoid hot steaming showers, sauna and swimming for the first day if possible.
- Avoid putting waterproof mascaras on extensions.
- Avoid tugging of your lashes during make up removal by using a dedicated lint free eye pad remover which you may purchase in store.
- Avoid oil cleansers as that will break down the adhesives of your extensions and cause your extensions to fall off prematurely.
- Avoid sleeping on your side.
- Avoid eyelash curlers.
How do I keep my lashes clean?
- Invest in a professional lash foam and brush and cleanse your lashes daily.
- Invest in a good sealing coat.
- Brush your lashes daily to keep debris, dirt and oil at bay.
How do I decide on a style of eyelash extensions that suits my eye shape?
- Prior to each lash extension session, our highly experienced lash techs will evaluate the condition of your current natural eyelashes. Following which, she would proceed to customize an ideal style for you base on your eye shape and lash condition and offer you alternatives based on the variety of style, lengths and thickness of the extensions available.
- During consultation, choose a lash curl that is similar to the shape of your natural lashes. If you are new to lash extensions, seek the assistance of your lash tech and use her expertise to your benefit. Most eyelash techs will be able to advise you on the best curl that suits your natural lash shape. Should you decide to opt for extra curly lashes whilst your natural lashes are stick straight, do not be alarm if they fall off faster.
Why do I need to get a lash extension refill?
- On average, each eye sheds an about 1-5 natural lashes per day as part of one's lash cycle of regrowth and regeneration
- Week 1 -21 lashes
- Week 2 - 42 lashes
- Week 3 - 62 Lashes
- The reason you hardly notice your lash shedding prior to extensions, is due to the fact that natural lashes are shorter and generally lighter in color in comparison to extensions. It is natural for someone to worry when she sees several of her extensions falling periodically. However, now with a better understanding of your lash cycle, you will understand that this is simply a natural process.
Can I get a refill after my initial set of eyelash extensions ?
- Certainly, you may. Refills are advised within the first 2-3 weeks of a new set or the last lash appointment. Refills can only be done if 50% of your eyelash extensions are still remaining within the 3 weeks span. It is not advisable to go beyond 2 refills to ensure that your natural lashes can be cleanse properly with a full removal to prevent any allergies.
What should I do prior to my lash appointment?
- It is best to come with clean eyes with no eye make up as that would give our lash tech more time to work on your extensions
- Avoid caffeine at least 3 hours before your appointment
- Be on time. Show up at least 5 -10 minutes before your appointment especially if it is your first time getting eyelash extensions.
- Wear comfortable clothes as you will be lying down during the whole duration.
- Use the bathroom before the process of lash extension commence.
- Let our lash tech know should you have any current eye allergy or prior infections.
Can I get eyelash extensions done if my eyelashes are permed or tinted?
- For maximum retention and the health of your natural eyelashes, we would advise that you wait for a period of 2 months after perming or tinting, before you get any eyelash extensions done.
Can I get eyelash extensions done if I'm pregnant?
- Yes you may. However we would advise that you wait to do so only after you have passed the first trimester of your pregnancy. Alternatively, you may consider a lash lift and tint that is safe for pregnant ladies and lasts up to 7-9 weeks.
What are the types of lashes you carry?
- All our lashes are from Korea and are made of synthetic fibers that are hypoallergenic and cruelty-free. We carry a wide range of lashes simply because every client's eyes are different and we believe in personal customization.
- Lash curls available are from J, B, C, CC to D with the C range being the most common choice that is suitable for all eyes.
- Lash thickness available are from 0.03, 0.05, 0.10, 0.15, 0.2. The higher you go in terms of volume, the thinner we choose in terms of lash thickness to balance it all out. You never have to worry about heaviness or over dramatic extensions.
- Lash lengths available are from 6mm all the way till 16mm.
How early do I need to book my eyelash appointment?
- Our booking system allows you to book 2 months in advance from the current date.
- For peak periods such as CNY / Christmas, it is advisable to book 2 weeks in advance.
How do I cancel my eyelash appointment?
- Simply text us 48 hours prior to your appointment date to cancel foc. For no-shows, please note that there will be a penalty charge of $25.
How do I keep up to date on your latest promotions?
- Do follow us on our various social platforms like Instagram (@lashinc.sg) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Lashinc.sg).
What are the current modes of payments that you accept?
- We accept Cash, Nets, PayNow, Scan and Pay and GrabPay payments at the physical store.
- We accept all major credit card payments online.